8 Tips to Rank YouTube Videos on Google - YouTube Marketing Tips
Video marketing is a trending factor in your business. Now, corporate agencies, e-commerce sites & professional blogs. The YouTube videos are an important factor in this regard. I will teach you how to propagate your YouTube channel on Google. The video marketing lifecycle shows in the figure
1- Video Content
The first area of video marketing is creating a useful video. YouTuber’s are mostly promoting & like those videos that’s content to help them solve problems, learn skills, watch cat videos and other interesting ideas.
2- Length of Video
Length of videos is really mattered. According to a survey, we see that videos that lesser than 5 mins are 90% more productive than those videos whose length is greater than 5 mins. YouTube also change their rule & regulation in 2018 & changed their algorithm to take engagement factors into account. While the rules for aggregated clicks are still counted, the following metrics also play a heavy role:
- Number of comments your YouTube video receives
- Total time users spend watching your video.
- The number of likes your YouTube video receives.
- The number of times your YouTube video is shared on social media Channels.
- The number of times your YouTube video is embedded on other websites.
These added metrics forced YouTuber marketers to create YouTube videos with better, more engaging content in order satisfy the algorithm.
3- Naming Convention
Name/Title of your video is much important that whether YouTube is pretty damn smart, but it can’t see what your videos are about. It’s much like on-page SEO, the search engine looks at the name of your raw video file. That means that you need to optimize your YouTube video file before you upload it to YouTube. There is some step by step process:
- Go to your completed YouTube video file that is ready for upload.
- Right-click on the file and select “Get Info”.
- Add some tags to your video that are related to the content.
- Under ‘Name & Extension’, name the file after your #1 and #2 keywords.
- Throw in a brief description of your YouTube video in the comments field.
After you add a link you need to optimize the rest of the description. This is yet another area that the YouTube specify for signals on what your YouTube video is about. Here are a few tips on optimizing your description:
- Try and write at least 500 words of content.
- Use synonym and one-off keywords. For example, if your main keyword is How to Rank YouTube Videos, someone off keywords would be How to rank YouTube videos on Google, how to get YouTube videos to show up in search engines.
- DON’T USE DUPLICATE CONTENT
- Don’t overuse keywords
5- Use Playlists
Use in such form to optimize YouTube in form of playlist:
- Primary Keyword: Guide to Ranking YouTube Videos on Google
- Secondary Keyword: How to Get More Views on YouTube Videos
- File Name: Guide to Ranking YouTube Videos on Google — How to Get More Views on YouTube Videos
- Description: Link to video!!!
- Playlist name: YouTube Video Marketing — Rank My Videos Higher on Google.
6- Custom Thumbnails
this doesn’t send signals to YouTube but it does affect engagement. Adding a custom thumbnail to your video can have a drastic impact on your click-through rate (CTR) which will, in turn, drive up your rankings.
7- Social Media marketing
therefore, if you want your video to get noticed by Google you need to get your video on social networks. I have a standard process that I follow and I strongly recommend you do the same:
- Sync your YouTube account with your social media accounts.
- Post your video to relevant groups on social networks.
8- Build Authority Links
Building links to YouTube videos you need to be careful. YouTube is pretty damn good at picking up spam and it’s pretty easy to get videos banned. I recommend building a few high-quality links over a long period of time. Some link sources I use are:
- Private blog networks (PBN)
- Social bookmarks
- Web 2.0s
- Partner sites
- My own sites
- Tumblr posts
- Pinterest pins